The Learning Connection is an alternative, non-traditional education centre under the jurisdiction of Grande Yellowhead Public School Division #77. TLC locations can be found in the Evansburg, Edson, Hinton, Jasper and Grande Cache communities. TLC schools provide grade one through grade twelve programming in flexible and friendly learning environments.
Programming for children in grades one through nine can be arranged with the TLC Home Education Facilitator. TLC offers grade one through nine programming that follows the Alberta Education curriculum.
High school programming is available for students in grades ten through twelve. Students can obtain all requirements for an Alberta High School Diploma at any of our TLC locations. The high school program is designed for students who want to earn their high school diploma but find it difficult to be successful in a traditional school.
Students who choose TLC schools...
- desire home education programming.
- are recommended by other schools.
- need more courses for an Alberta High School diploma.
- need upgraded marks for post-secondary entry.
TLC staff take into account different learning styles and the personal needs of each individual. Students progress at their own pace through course work and have the opportunity to work independently on their studies and have the support of subject-specialist teachers.
- All students can learn.
- Students learn in different ways.
- Students learn in different timeframes.
- Errors are inherent in the learning process.
- Formative assessments should be frequent.
- Life circumstances do not inhibit the ability to learn.